How to Get Cheap Full Coverage Auto Insurance
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Feb 19, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident auto insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one auto insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
You do not have to pay a lot of money to get insurance for your vehicle(s). In fact, it is possible to get cheap full coverage auto insurance, as long as you are willing to do a little bit of legwork and you meet certain requirements. For instance, did you know that if you are a member of the American Automobile Association (AAA), many insurers will give you a discount on your insurance premiums? This is just one way that you can save money but still make sure that you have the coverage you need. If you want to learn more, this incredibly informative page can give you more details about full coverage auto insurance. Here are some other tips:
- Get Longer Policies – Try to make sure that your policy is for one year rather than six months. This way, the rates are only up for change once a year instead of twice.
- Get Anti-Theft Devices – Having certain devices installed in your vehicle will help you to be eligible for cheap full coverage auto insurance. Some of these devices include car alarms and even alarms on your garage if this is where you park at night.
- Have a Newer Model Vehicle – If you can afford it, try to get a vehicle that is a newer make and model. New vehicles have many more safety features than older ones, and are easier to insure at affordable rates.
- Belong to Associations – You can get discounts on vehicle insurance if you belong to certain associations or organizations such as AAA or AARP.
- Ask About Multiple Car Discounts – If you own more than one car, you may be able to get lower insurance rates, because the insurer will want you to have coverage for both through that company.
- Know Your Mileage – One of the deciding factors for your insurance rates is how many miles you drive each day. If you use your vehicle to go to work, you will pay one rate, while the rate will be different if you stay at home and don’t drive much.
- Make Electronic Payments – You are often charged $5 or even more if you mail in your payments. Making electronic payments usually eliminates this charge. It may not seem like much, but it adds up to $60 a year, which may be a couple of payments you could have made instead.
- Lower Your Coverage – Although this is not recommended, if you are having financial difficulties, you may want to opt for a lesser amount of coverage for a while in order to save money.
Even if you are eligible for any of the above discounts, you will not be able to get the cheap full coverage auto insurance you want without getting quotes first. Not all insurers offer the same discounts, and you need to see what different companies are offering. Even if you already have insurance, it cannot hurt to go online and get some quotes to see if you could be getting a better deal elsewhere. We’ll use your zip code (no other personal information is required) to get quotes from many insurers in your area so you can get the best deals on car insurance.