Full Coverage Auto Insurance vs. Other Insurance
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jan 20, 2012
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident auto insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one auto insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
When you are trying to secure full coverage car insurance for your car, you may get confused by all of the options that seem to be available to you concerning auto policies. By getting a grasp on what is available and what you need for your individual situation, it can all be much clearer. Things that you will take into account include whether the car is financed or not and which state you reside in as well as which has issued your driver’s license.
There are a lot more choices to make when it comes to getting insurance, and one of the most important may be the full coverage auto insurance quotes you get to let you know what you will be paying. In fact if you want to get cheap full coverage auto insurance, then being informed about your options is the way to make it happen. The other important way to save money is to get quotes so you can compare rates and make a choice that is kind on your wallet.
Full Coverage Car Insurance and Other Types
The most useful thing you can do is learn the difference between various types of car insurance policies, what is available to you as well as what insurance you may actually need or be required to have. The basic type of insurance you get may be based mostly on what is required of you by your state regulations as well as your financing guidelines. Otherwise, the choice is yours. When in doubt about your full coverage auto insurance policy, speak with your insurance agent to seek professional advice.
- Liability Insurance – This is the basic type of insurance that all but one US state requires drivers to have in order to drive legally. As opposed to full auto insurance coverage, liability only covers the other driver and vehicle in the event of an accident at which you are at fault. Your own car repairs or medical expenses are still your responsibility.
- No Fault Insurance – Some states require drivers to carry this type of insurance, which covers the policy holder in the event of a collision regardless of who was at fault. This helps drastically reduce the need for lawsuits to recover costs and ensures all injured parties gain hospital admittance without hesitation.
- Collision Insurance – In some areas, collision and full coverage insurance are basically the same. Collision insurance covers the basics for both sides of an accident when a collision involves vehicles. Some policies cover other types of collisions, but some require comprehensive to take care of things such as an accident involving a building as well as other insurance aspects.
- Comprehensive Insurance – Comprehensive is also a type of insurance that is sometimes the same as full coverage auto insurance. This type of policy tends to fill in the gaps where other policies are lacking. So for instance your standard collision car insurance coverage may cover you having an accident with another vehicle, but comprehensive is usually what covers damage from storms or acts of God, theft, fire and even vandalism.
- Full Coverage Car Insurance – Depending on who you go with as your insurance provider, your full coverage policy may vary slightly. Generally full coverage auto insurance includes damage to vehicles, property and injuries. Check with your provider to make sure you are getting exactly what you want and need from your policy.
Some Things to Know about Cheap Full Coverage Auto Insurance
Finding a cheap full coverage auto insurance policy is possible; you just have to be able to locate it. Letting the quotes come to you is the easiest way to make this happen. Trying to invest the time to research all the companies available and contact each one for a quote is next to impossible, aside from the fact that it is extremely time consuming.
So what can make a policy more affordable?
- Check to find out what your state’s minimum requirements are for full coverage car insurance. You want to get enough to be fully covered and driving legally but not more than you can afford.
- Get a car that has safety features or see about having them added. Air bags and anti-lock brakes may be standard now, but if your car is older you may want them installed. Not only does this make your ride safer, it can help lower your insurance costs.
- Take any and all driving classes in your area that may help lower your premiums. For high school students this would be basic driver’s education classes, and for adults it may be a defensive driving course.
Get your cheap full coverage auto insurance quotes by simply providing us with your zip code and watch the savings begin.