Full Coverage Auto Insurance Details
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: May 28, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident auto insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one auto insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
The first thing that a motorist must understand is that there is really no such thing as totally full coverage because every insurance policy has its limits and its exclusions.
- Comprehensive – This would be coverage for damage caused by an incident outside of a car accident, such as fire, theft, etc.
- Collision – Coverage for damages caused to the insured vehicle due to collision with another vehicle or object.
- Roadside assistance including towing – this is usually twenty-four hour coverage in the event of a mechanical breakdown
- Rental car reimbursement – When a vehicle becomes un-drivable, this coverage will provide for a reimbursement on a rental car with a limited amount.
- Uninsured motorist as well as under-insured motorist coverage – This provides coverage when the insured’s vehicle is damaged, which is usually caused by a driver without insurance or low limits.
- Medical injury payments for the insured driver and passengers – Covers medical payments to an insured driver and passenger in the event of an accident
- Bodily injury – Covers medical bills and general damage to the third party driver if the insured driver is ‘at-fault- for the damage.
- Property Damage – Covers vehicle or property damaged by the ‘at-fault’ insured driver.
Once a driver obtains quotes for the insurance that meets his or her needs and is confident that the limits are adequate, he or she will need the following:
- Proof of prior insurance (if applicable)
- Proof of ownership of the vehicle (including auto loan paperwork)
- Signed paperwork from your insurance company
Full coverage auto insurance required that a vehicle has all its state’s required liability limits, as well as comprehensive and collision, keeping in mind that different states require different liability coverage, by law.
Most people have to follow a specific budget these days. This can be a little difficult when insuring an automobile is a necessary expense.
Thankfully, insurers are competitive and sometimes there can be a vast difference in premiums for policies offering the same amount of coverage. So shopping around and doing research can provide some discounts. Prices are usually different for everyone because as a rule, people and insurers are unique in their own way. Additionally, the underwriting process will be different for each insurer.
Still, it is not uncommon to find special discount such as:
- Good driving record
- Mature driver discount
- Multi-car discount
- Good student discount
Additionally, many companies offer lower premiums for having extra security devices installed, such as anti-theft and other safety features.
So when searching for Full Coverage auto insurance, start with the state’s required limits and then decide upon the desired cost that can protect assets. Each state regulates its insurance laws and rates and even though the requirements vary from state to state, most do require liability insurance. The result turns out to be that shopping for insurance, with the most affordable rates, may not be an easy task to undertake.
Protecting the family should be the motive. So, for a free quote, enter zip code.