How Full Coverage Auto Insurance Can Save You Money
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your ZIP code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jul 28, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident auto insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one auto insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
It may be hard to believe that full coverage car insurance could save you money, but it’s true. You may be thinking that this type of auto coverage costs more, but you can find cheap full coverage auto insurance and still use it to help you save money in the long run. While most people think they are saving money by going with liability car insurance or the state minimum, they may actually be making a pricy mistake.
The Basics of Cheap Full Coverage Auto Insurance
So you may be wondering how exactly full coverage car insurance can save you money or how you can find cheap full coverage auto insurance. It really is not all that complicated.
- Full coverage car insurance helps you save money because the policy pays for much more of the expensive issues you may have to pay for out of pocket should the need arise. Saving a few dollars on your monthly premiums does not equal actual savings if you should have to pay for any vehicle repairs or medical expenses. This is especially true if you do not have health insurance. If you are carrying just the state minimum liability car insurance and are in a collision, all of your own vehicle repairs and medical bills will be your financial burden to cover.
- Another reason that cheap full coverage auto insurance may help you save money is that if you have not recently received quotes for premium costs you may be paying the same or more for less coverage than a good full coverage policy would cost. Getting your free quotes from insurance providers competing for your business often times results in lower rates than you could have imagined. The only way to find out is to get your quotes and compare them to what you are currently paying for your insurance coverage. If you want more details you can read more here.
Benefits of Full Coverage Car Insurance
Trying to save a few bucks off the cost of your monthly auto insurance premiums usually isn’t worth the effort unless you end up never having to use your insurance. While every driver hopes to never use insurance and certainly does not plan on doing so, there is just no way to predict if you will need that full coverage auto insurance policy or not, which is the point of having a policy.
The problem is some drivers make the even more detrimental mistake of not having insurance at all. Except for the state of New Hampshire, all of the other American states require drivers to have at least a minimal amount of liability auto insurance in place to drive legally.
Driving without the basic required car insurance means that you could be fined and receive a ticket for this infraction. Also it means if you are in an accident and not at fault, you will probably not be covered anyway because you are driving illegally.
Ways that driving without full coverage car insurance can actually cost you money:
- You can wind up with fines and court expenses for tickets if you are caught driving without the required minimum liability auto insurance policy in place. Each state has different minimum mandatory policy requirements in regards to the minimum coverage amounts for personal injury and property damage.
- Without enough coverage or any coverage at all, the expenses from an accident could have you financially burdened for years to come. Paying for another driver’s injuries and property damages could even lead to garnished wages, foreclosure and even bankruptcy. This also includes damage to private property such as someone’s home or to public property such as guardrails. All of these are expenses you must cover before even getting to your own repairs and injuries.
- Lacking the amount of full coverage car insurance needed does also mean you have to pay for your own expenses in the event of an accident. Even liability insurance leaves you with this financial burden. Your car will more than likely need repairs and possibly even replacing. Unless you have medical insurance, you could acquire a great deal of hospital bills including surgery or follow up after care expenses such as physical therapy.
- Again this is true even if you are not deemed the “at fault” driver in an accident but neglected to have the state requirements for insurance coverage. Driving without insurance is legal infraction, and most of the time the responsible driver’s insurance company will not be liable for covering your expenses because of this.
Ways to Cut Costs for Full Coverage
Not only can you find cheap full coverage auto insurance, you can find ways to save on your policy by using simple but smart tips. It starts with getting full coverage auto insurance quotes and finding out which providers may offer even bigger savings for some of these approaches.
- Find out how much you could save by paying your bill annually or quarterly instead of monthly. Most insurance providers offer discounts for paying annually or quarterly in addition to offering lower rates for drivers who pay down a good amount for a down payment.
- Keep your driving record and your insurance coverage history clean. Obviously if you have a good driving record free of tickets and accidents, your insurance will be lower. Also, be sure to keep an insurance policy at all times. Lapses of more than 30 days in coverage can cause you to be a “higher risk” and therefore have higher premiums.
- Keep your car in safe, drivable condition and make sure you have all the safety features possible intact. Have air bags and anti-lock brakes at the very least, and add any other features you can afford including anti-theft deterrents. Anything that can help you be protected from injuries or the car from being stolen will help lower rates.
To get those full coverage auto insurance quotes all that is required at this time is just your zip code. Get started comparing rates and making decisions for your full coverage car insurance policy right now.